Monday, September 20, 2010

Getting ready

Decided to try out this blogging tool on my upcoming trip...

Getting excited about traveling to the Yucatan for the first time.  Not only the scuba diving.  Not only Mexico, because I've been there a couple times now.  But the new environment...the jungle...the Mayan people...the blue, blue ocean...the dream connection where I was along a coast going off to my left, and explored at several points of time into the ocean...the ocean...the wild world...so much richer than life on land.

This trip will be dedicated to the ocean.  I've signed up with Fantasea Diving for 4 days of diving and one day of ruins.  Found Jason recommended on ScubaBoard.com.  I may be the only customer - business is slow, I think - so it may be like a private tour.  Canceled the car and signed up for the transfer from the airport with the Royal service.  There is a free service to town - Carmen del Playa - weekdays, from the Royal Haciendas.  Cab to Fantasea the first day with my equipment, then just walk.  I'm looking forward to a slow island-time vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment